This is a second course in programmming. In the first course, students learn the fundamental logic, concepts and techniques like data types, loops, methods, and arrays. The objective of this course is to teach ooject oriented programming (OOP) in a problem-driven way that focuses on problem solving rather than syntax. Students learn object thinking and design, and improve thier algorithmic thinking skills. They learn how and when to apply OOP techniques to a given problem effectively. The course starts with a review of fundudamental techniques in Java, and then teaches objects and classes, object-oriented thinking, inheritance and polymorphism, exception handling and text I/O, abstract classes and interfaces, Java GUI basics, event-driven programming and animations, Java UI controls and multimedia, binary I/O, recursion, generics, lists, stacks, queues, and priority queues, sets and maps, implementing lists, stacks, queues, and priority queues.
Introduction to Java Programming and Data Structures, Comprehensive Version (11th Edition), Y. Daniel Liang (html).
Buy From Pandora : (html)
Computer Science An Interdisciplinary Approach, Robert Sedgewick, Kevin Wayne (html).
- Computer Science An Interdisciplinary Approach
Robert Sedgewick, Kevin Wayne, Pearson, 2016.
- Java Software Solutions, Global Edition, 9/e, Lewis & Loftus, Pearson, 2019.
- Java: An Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming, Global Edition, 8/e, Savitch, Pearson, 2019.
- Core Java Volume I and II --Fundamentals, 11/e, Horstmann, Pearson, 2019.
- Java How to Program, Early Objects, Global Edition, 11/e, Deitel & Deitel, Peason, 2018.
- Introduction to Programming Using Java, Eighth Edition Version 8.0, 2018 David J. Eck (html)
|Evaluation Tool||Weight in %|
- 2 Quizes
- 1 Midterm
|1||Introduction to Computers, Programs, and Java|
Mathematical Functions Characters, and Strings
|5||Objects and Classes
|6||Inheritance and Polymorphism
Exception Handling and Text I/O
|7||Abstract Classes and Interfaces
|8||Event-Driven Programming and Animations
|10||JavaFX UI Controls and Multimedia
|12||Lists, Stacks, Queues, and Priority Queues
Sets and Maps
|13||Implementing Lists, Stacks, Queues, and Priority Queues|